Sunday, September 20, 2009

locing my girls hair!


My girls started their loc journey in august 09. Now they are just a month into their journey. Both them have braidlocs. my youngest is three and my oldest is seven. This was a choice they btoh made. they wanted their hair like their mommy. Now that my oldest has went back to school, I find myself asking did any kids pick on you, she just says no. I do worry because when I first started locing their was so much critism, but I was grown and knew who I was so I could take it. also we know children can be so crucial when someone is different. do you think I'm worrying to much? She seems to be content with herself. My three year old is not in school yet and by the time she goes to school which will be in a year. she been thru many stages, also she have alot length. I was excited because I knew I could maintain my children hair on my own. I had many friend say no, they are to young. I just had to keep the haters away. My boyfriend had stated it was a go as long as I kept it up. Smile!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm very impressed and inspired by your choice to lock your daughters' hair. Do let us know how they get on )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very suprised when my youngest told me of some comments that were being made to him by some of his fellow students and alleged 'friends'. I talked to him about it and reminded him that if HE liked his hair, not to let anyone take that away from him. What also helped, my oldest (who is 8 years older than my youngest) told one of my youngest sons school mates "I heard that you said my little brother looks like a girl. I dare you to say that I LOOK LIKE A GIRL". LOL

    Continue to encourage your little princesses!!

    Peace!!

    ReplyDelete